The Atons have had a busy November, and it’s not even
We had our annual Halloween party on November 3rd. We had over 50 people signed up for the party. The co-winners of our costume contest were Riche’s and Lady Corrie.
On Saturday, November 10th we traveled over to St. Paul to enjoy the wonderful food at Moscow On The Hill.
And then this Sunday we had our monthly general meeting. This month Kurt hosted the meeting at the meeting space at Twin Cities Leather & Latte.
Here are a few highlights from the meeting:
- Atons Holiday Fundraiser – Sunday, December 2nd at The Saloon
- We will be hosting a silent auction this year, just like we used to. We are asking for donations, such as leather, gear, and services. We do take used leather and gear. It’s a good time to sort and clean out your closets. Kurt and volunteers will help get it ready to auction off. The beneficiary this year is Youth Link Minnesota’s Saville Fund.
- Atons Club Holiday Party – Saturday, December 8th at David and Bobbie’s
- This is the private club holiday party for all members and associates. Invitations will be going out very soon.
- Atons 2019 Officer Banquet – Sunday, February 3rd at Elsie’s
- We are finalizing the details for our annual banquet. This event is open to all members, associates, and community members.
We had a very productive meeting this month. We lowered the pledge application price to $30 (from $45). We reduced the Halloween party price to $20 (from $25) and we welcomed three new people to the Atons.
We have several upcoming events that we hope you can join us for:
- Atons Halloween Party – November 3rd. Setup at 5pm. Doors opens at 7pm
- We have lowered the regigstration cost to $20 (down from $25)
- RSVP at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atons-halloween-party-2018-tickets-50192085880
- Atons November L&L – November 10th @ Moscow On The Hill, 7pm.
- Atons November General Meeting – November 11th @ Twin Cities Leather & Latte. Open meeting at 5pm. Note that TCL&L closes at 7pm. Everyone is welcome to join us at the meeting.
- Atons Holiday Fundraiser – December 1 or 2 (date is still being nailed down) at the Saloon
- Atons Club Members/Associates Holiday party – Saturday December 8 at David & Bobbie’s
- Atons 2019 Officers Banquet – February 3rd at Elsie’s.
What a weekend. So many emotions on a grand scale. We bid farewell to an Aton brother and dear friend. We watched as new leaders stepped onto the stage.
Congratulations to Minnesota Leather Pride for putting on another exciting weekend. Congratulations to all the contestants. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself up there to be scrutinized by the judges and the community.
Congratulations to the new Ms Minnesota Leather Pride – Evie Bea-Pan!
We are very proud of our Atons brother, the new Minnesota Leather boy, Chris Vadner! Congratulations Chris!
To everyone who attended the MNLP Cigar Social at Lush on April 6, co-hosted by the Atons & the Twin Cities girls of Leather (TCgoL), thank you for braving the cold and coming out. For this fundraiser, proceeds were split between the Atons and the TCgoL. Events like this help us to fund various programs throughout the year, and your support of this event ties directly back to the continued success of our clubs!
Did you like the Cigars we offered? The lighter colored cigar was a mild Connecticut style, made with Connecticut Shade tobacco. The darker cigar was a medium to medium-full flavored Maduro style from Flor de Olivia. The Cigars were sourced from Stogie’s on Grand (961 Grand Ave, Saint Paul). Next time you need a quality Cigar, check Stogie’s on Grand, as they have a wide range of products and prices, and are known for their friendly staff. Also, don’t forget that they have a patio area where you can sit back and enjoy your smokes.
The Atons would like to thank everyone who attended Cigar Social, the Twin Cities girls of Leather, MNLP for throwing the party known as MNLP Leather Pride Weekend, the contestants for the 2018 titles, the title holders stepping down, Lush & its staff, and Stogie’s on Grand.
Do you like our Cigar Smoker events? Be watching for the following events:
- Atons Smoker for Twin Cities Pride 2018, June – Minneapolis, MN
- Cornhaulers L&L & Atons Smoke Out for Iowa Leather Weekend 2018, October – Des Moines, IA
As many of you have probably read by now, our member Sam Carlisle passed away on March 27th, 2018.
Sam was the longest standing active member of the Atons, having joined the club in 1992. He served the club as President, Vice-President, Treasurer, social chair, run chair, and as a brother to his fellow Atons. Sam was always a driving force behind our message of brotherhood and our leather family. He championed for our active involvement in our local Minnesota Leather community through Minnesota Leather Pride and in our broader regional communities through his leadership in the Mid-America Conference of Clubs (MACC).
Sam could always be counted on for saying, “Well Hello there…” and greeting you with a warm smile and that characteristic twinkle in his eyes. Sam was also known for his love of motorcycle rides, quality cigars, his cats, questionable scary drag outfits, the creative table centerpieces at Atons Runs, and his excellent collection of leather and boots.
Our thoughts are with Sam’s husband, Michael; their roommate, Del; and with his close circle of friends & family who sat vigil with Sam and Michael.
We will all continue to feel the impact of Sam’s legacy in our Minnesota and regional leather community for a long time. We all carry a part of Sam in our leather hearts.
Our club member Kurt crafted the Atons memorial logo above. Please feel free to use this logo if you would like to offer your support and thoughts via social media.
In lieu of flowers, Sam’s family is requesting that donations be made in Sam’s name to The Aliveness Project. Follow this link, and select the Memorial box under “This gift is being given in tribute.”